This course has now been released (on Feb 14 2013) – full details here
I’ve been working on projects for the last few months, so it’s been a while since I created a new course.
I’ve agonised what to go for – there are so many vibrant and interesting topics I can cover, but I’ve decided to create a course covering both Hibernate and JPA in full detail.
We have already covered Hibernate in a little detail on our Spring Fundamentals
course, and we do some JPA on the JavaEE
course, but really we just provide overviews on those courses and we don’t get to a full professional standard.
Hibernate and JPA need a course in their own right, and it’s probably the most asked-for course from our customers, so I’m into the studio on Monday morning to start work.
As always, our video courses take a while to record and edit, we work hard to get them right, so it will be at least 2 months before we’re ready to release. In the meantime, here’s the draft running order – please contact me if there are additional topics that you want to see on the course!
- Getting Started
- Persisting objects
- Relationships in Hibernate/JPA
- Bidirectional Relationships
- Implementing equals() and hashCode() correctly
- Mapping Inheritance Hierarchies
- Embedding Objects
- Queries using HQL / JPQL
- Using the Criteria API
- Detached Objects and Merging
- Versioning Objects and Locking
- Understanding Lazy Initialization
- Hibernate/JPA in Web Applications (OpenSessionInView/OpenEntityManagerInView)
- Extended Sessions and EntityManagers
- Hibernate Caching (and the second level cache)
- Hibernate Validators
- Introducing Hibernate Search
- Auditing with Envers